- Transparency International – Advocacy Manager DC Office, USA
Transparency International – Advocacy Manager DC Office
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 National Chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
TI is committed to strengthen their presence in the USA, and is currently setting up an office in Washington DC, for which seed funding has already been secured. The office will work towards four objectives:
• increasing support and pressure for strengthening US role in reducing global corruption;
• becoming the “go to” center of expertise on role of US-based institutions and actors in both mitigating and propagating corruption globally;
• supporting the reduction of domestic corruption in US through strategic partnerships with US-based stakeholders;
• strengthening capacity of TI to leverage US resources (policy, technological, human and financial) in support of global anticorruption strategies and priorities.
Main function: To lead and backstop on multiple functions in support of the Director of Washington DC office. This includes advocacy and lobbying, communications and outreach, donor relations, and project implementation.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Work hours: Full time (40 hours per week)
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: Washington, DC, USA, with national and international travel (up to 50%)
• Contribute to the promotion of TI’s key advocacy priorities in the US through evidence-based actions and by active monitoring of US international anticorruption policies, mechanisms and actions
• Support the establishment and maintenance of effective partnerships between the TI Movement and US-based stakeholders including NGOs, government, intergovernmental organisations, anti-corruption bodies and experts, journalists
• Contribute to TI communication strategy by developing communication products and backstopping the Director of Washington DC office in representing the organization in relevant fora
• Engage in the implementation and reporting of projects and/or campaigns undertaken by the organization
• Contribute to fundraising for the Washington DC office by facilitating relationship with donors and proposal writing
• Coordinate US-based fundraising activities by the TI Movement
• Assist with the planning, preparation and conduct of TI-S events
• Undertaking all such other tasks, including administrative and logistical tasks, as are necessary for the effective operation of a lean NGO
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• University degree or professional qualification in social science, public policy or administration, journalism, international law, economics, management, or other relevant fields
• At least 5+ years of professional work experience in the fields of policy and advocacy or related, with a demonstrated capacity to build and maintain relationships with a large network
• High level of expertise in anti-corruption, human rights, and/or democracy required
• Strong working knowledge of US environment, including relevant stakeholders, actors and fora
• Exceptional written and oral communication and relationship management skills
• Proven ability to provide concise, strategic advocacy briefings
• Self-organizer with ability to prioritize amid competing and changing demands
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible, self-directed, and work well independently, under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
• Willingness to travel essential (up to 50%)
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV in English (in one pdf-file) to:
Deadline for applications is Thursday, 25 April 2019.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Job posted on 3rd April 2019
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying to this position