- Public Policy Intern, IL, USA
The Elevate Energy Policy Intern will work on policy research, analysis, and writing tasks. The Policy Intern will assist the Policy Director with researching policy positions and drafting memos and presentations. Other duties may include tracking state and federal legislation and summarizing relevant government decisions. The Policy Intern should have a strong interest in the electricity and natural gas industries and government.
The Policy Intern reports to the Director, Policy. The Policy Intern will also work closely with the Policy Fellow and other Elevate Energy staff to gather data and information necessary for their work when needed.
- Research utility industry and regulatory conditions in Illinois and other states to inform Elevate Energy positions, comments, and program expansion
- Summarize and draft memorandums to Elevate Energy staff on policy conditions related to program areas
- Drafting comments to regulatory bodies based on research and Elevate Energy expertise
- Track state and federal legislation, as needed
- Other duties as required
- Attention to detail
- Persistence and creativity in finding specific documents and information, often with little guidance
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with energy issues
- Familiarity with basic structure of federal and state government
Terms of Service
Internships at Elevate Energy are paid positions, for current college or graduate students, or recent college graduates. The usual time commitment is for ten weeks, 25-30 hours/week but there is some flexibility with this internship. If interns are handling confidential data, they will be asked to comply with security policies, as required. In addition, all policy interns are asked to comply with a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and two references to:
Human Resources – Policy Internship
322 S. Green Street, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60607
No phone calls, please.
Elevate Energy’s mission is to deliver smarter energy use for all. Elevate designs and implements efficiency programs that lower costs, protect the environment, and ensure the benefits of energy efficiency reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply online here
Posted on 27 October 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position