- Story Bank Director, War Room, DC, USA
- Reports to: Managing director, Campaigns, War Room
- Staff reporting to this position: Campaign associate
- Department: CAP Action War Room
- Position classification: Exempt, full time
American Progress is seeking a highly motivated, organized professional with a strong communications and advocacy background to serve as the story bank director for the Center for American Progress Action Fund. CAP Action is an independent, nonpartisan education and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through ideas, stories, and action. CAP Action animates the stakes of political and policy debates by driving key messages, amplifying hard-hitting analysis and facts, and lifting up personal stories that demonstrate the value of progressive solutions. With deep partnerships in Washington, D.C., and across the country, CAP Action arms state and national allies with the tools necessary to promote and defend progressive policies.
- Provide leadership in creating an integrated story bank operation across multiple policy teams, including organizing stories in EveryAction, managing a vetting process, and coordinating the creative use of stories in advocacy campaigns.
- Work with policy and communications teams to identify stories that illustrate policy challenges or solutions.
- Produce and distribute advocacy materials for the story bank.
- Participate in planning and executing substantive events, rallies, meetings with legislators, and other efforts with the storytellers.
- Represent CAP Action in partnerships and coalitions with national- and state-level organizations.
- Track and analyze the performance of the CAP Action story bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five to seven years of work experience in policy, campaigns, advocacy, or related fields is preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Highly creative with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well with storytellers.
- Experience working with NGP VAN or VoteBuilder is required; EveryAction experience is a plus.
- Experience working in advocacy and familiarity with the political media environment is preferred.
- Ability to work well within a team under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.
Apply online here
Posted on 13 September 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position