- Policy and Parliamentary Officer - London, UK
Policy and Parliamentary Officer - London
Salary: Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits
Please note that in December 2020, the British Council will relocate its new global headquarters to: International Quarter, Stratford, London E20.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body
The Policy and External Relations Team works closely with the Chair, Chief Executive and senior managers to set the agenda for our stakeholder activity. They act as the champions and leads of the British Council’s policy and external relations objectives. The team liaises with the Strategic Business Units, Global Network and managers across the organisation, advising on and coordinate external stakeholder activities.
This role will have responsiblity to ensure that British Council’s top UK stakeholders - specifically Parliamentarians - are well informed of the British Council’s work and engaged in our activities and programmes as appropriate, by:
- supporting senior British Council staff in the UK and overseas in their engagement with stakeholders;
- taking a strategic and co-ordinating role in delivering the British Council’s Parliamentary engagement;
- ensuring robust systems and processes for stakeholder management are followed and maintained; and
- drafting of policy briefings and articles for internal and external publication and contributing to parliamentary inquiries
Closing Date: 29 April 2019
Please apply via our website:
Job posted on 17th April 2019
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying to this position