- Advocacy and Events Officer, UK
Advocacy and Events Officer
Salary: £25,000 (Permanent Contract)
The Coalition for Global Prosperity (CGP) is a new organisation, backed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, that brings together political, military, business and faith leaders who believe that an effective aid budget, alongside an active diplomatic and defence strategy, keeps Britain at the forefront of saving lives, alleviating poverty and bringing freedom, security and prosperity to those who need it most.
We hold a variety of high-profile events with senior cross-party politicians and thought leaders every month. Our past and upcoming speakers range from former Prime Minister David Cameron, Hilary Benn MP and Boris Johnson MP to film director Richard Curtis CBE and Sir David Attenborough. Recent topics have included the illegal wildlife trade, educating girls in refugee camps, plastic pollution, tackling pandemics, ending FGM and soft power.
The Coalition for Global Prosperity is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and highly organised Advocacy and Events Officer. As part of the UK’s fight against global poverty, our small and dedicated team works in Westminster to make the case for Britain to be a force for good in the world. We organise a number of public and private events with high profile speakers throughout the year.
- Planning a range of public and private events with high-profile speakers, with direction from the Head of Advocacy and Events – including CGP’s presence at political party conferences
- Undertaking research on different development topics and writing event proposals and speaker briefs
- Writing speaker briefings for the CEO and undertaking ad hoc research as required
- Monitoring and evaluating of CGP’s events and advocacy work
- Assisting on Social Media coverage of events, e.g. Twitter / Facebook
- Supporting the Head of Advocacy and Events on the organisation of trips for MPs to see UK aid programmes first hand
- Supporting the Head of Advocacy and Events to build and maintain relationships with a core group of Coalition Champions in and around Westminster
- Alongside the CEO or Head of Advocacy and Events, representing CGP at external meetings and events to support and advance our advocacy priorities.
- Performing such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team.
Closing Date: 24 February 2019
For a more complete description of this role, please find the full listing on our website here:
The Coalition for Global Prosperity are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Job posted on 13th February 2019
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying to this position