- Public Affairs Internship, USA
The Progressive Policy Institute is seeking public affairs interns for Spring 2018.
PPI is a nonprofit think tank that seeks to define and promote a new progressive politics for the 21st century. PPI was the main purveyor of policy innovations to Bill Clinton’s New Democrats — break-the-mold ideas that also migrated to Britain and other democratic countries around the world under the rubric of the “third way.” Today, PPI remains at the forefront of promoting a pragmatic and responsible progressivism with a focus on center-left issues in areas such as economic growth, education reform, and regulatory reform.
An ideal candidate will be a political and news junkie with prior experience working in public affairs. Must have a genuine interest in domestic politics, foreign policy, current national issues and a working knowledge of social media networks. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, and the facility to drive results and to consistently meet deadlines are a must.
• Compiling and organizing daily news clips
• Fact checking releases, op-eds, studies, and reports
• Updating press and media contact lists
• Assisting with the organization’s viral media and social networking operations
• Conducting research and compiling statistics for editorial and web materials
• Occasionally drafting statements, op-eds and press releases
• Laying-out website and press materials
• Assisting with daily operations
• General office work
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong internet skills and intuition
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Ability to be a team player and to work in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility and dedication
• Knowledge of AP Style
• Interest in politics and foreign policy
• Intellectual curiosity
• Experience working with press
• Experience working with the blogosphere
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites
• Knowledge of social-networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
• Appreciation for image
• Graphic design sensibility
This opportunity is unpaid.
We are currently seeking interns interested in working (approximately 20 hours) during regular weekday hours, but are flexible to other hours based on students’ needs. This opportunity is unpaid.
Job posted on 3rd January 2018
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying to this position