- Economic Policy Analyst, CO, USA
The Colorado Fiscal Institute (CFI) seeks to hire an Economic Policy Analyst to contribute to its efforts to inform and to shape public policy debates in Colorado.
The Colorado Fiscal Institute (CFI) is an independent, nonpartisan organization dedicated to making Colorado a state where responsible fiscal and economic policies advance equity and widespread prosperity.
This Economic Policy Analyst will serve as part of CFI’s research team on economic policy issues. The responsibilities of the economic policy analyst will include researching and writing
reports; analyzing state and federal policy proposals and their impact on the Colorado economy, state budget and low-income populations; help develop policy proposals and options for
enhancing economic security; assisting with collection and analysis of data using statistical
software, such as SPSS or STATA, and economic modeling software, such as IMPLAN;
research of literature and summarization of relevant background material; representing CFI
before state and local community groups and policymakers; and providing technical assistance to
community groups, legislative staff, and government officials as needed.
The Economic Policy Analyst position is full-time and reports directly to the Executive Director. The position is based in Denver with some travel expected.
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, or a related field, with a strong statistics competency and an understanding of econometric techniques;
• Experience as a research assistant or performing a similar type of work;
• Training in data analysis—including familiarity with economic analysis software, such as
IMPLAN or REMI, and statistical software like SPSS or STATA;
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of other Microsoft Office products;
• Knowledge of state tax policy and legislative and budget processes (particularly in Colorado) is preferred;
• Strong writing skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics to nonexpert audiences;
• Ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking skills with the ability to independently develop and implement research projects;
• Ability to work collaboratively with researchers, public officials, and diverse stakeholders;
• Must be comfortable with public speaking and advocacy communication;
• Familiarity with Publisher, InDesign, Piktochart or other software to translate data into accessible infographics and short publications;
• Commitment to equity and the mission and goals of CFI required.
The salary range for this position is $45,500-$55,000 per year based on experience and qualifications.
The Colorado Fiscal Institute is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization to fully represent and engage all Coloradans. Recruiting staff that better reflects the diversity of perspectives and experiences of Colorado is a priority. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse communities, constituencies, and identities, including but not limited to: people of all ethnic/racial backgrounds, people of all gender identities/gender expressions, people with disabilities, low-income and LGBTQ persons.
“Economic Policy Analyst Search.”
Candidates may also submit materials by mail to: Colorado Fiscal Institute, 1905 Sherman Suite 225, Denver, CO 80203. No phone calls please.
The position will remain open until filled, but initial review of applications will begin on Monday, July 31, 2017. All applications will be accepted in confidence.
Posted on 03 August 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position