- Policy and Research Intern (Washington, DC), USA
The Learning Policy Institute conducts and communicates independent, high-quality research to improve education policy and practice. Working with policymakers, researchers, educators, community groups, and others, the Institute seeks to advance evidence-based policies that support empowering and equitable learning for each and every child. Nonprofit and nonpartisan, the Institute connects policymakers and stakeholders at the local, state, and federal levels with the evidence, ideas, and actions needed to strengthen the education system from preschool through college and career readiness.
Core duties: The intern will work directly with members of the policy and research teams and will:
- Assist with legislative analyses, including researching legislative history, funding history, and tracking congressional activity.
- Attend congressional hearings/briefings, and related events.
- Complete research tasks as assigned, such as conducting literature reviews and background research; finding, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data; and preparing memos, briefs, reports, and presentations.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications: We’re looking for recent graduates or graduate students interested in the intersection of research, public policy, and education. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience working on education research, national reform efforts, policy and advocacy, federal/state policies and processes, or within the education field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity and experience with qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
The Learning Policy Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply online here https://learningpolicyinstitute.org/careers/policy-and-research-intern-dc
Visit us here https://learningpolicyinstitute.org
Posted on 20 June 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position