- Houston Office Intern , USA
Tahirih Justice Center, a non-profit legal services organization, seeks a six month to yearlong internship to provide critical client and administrative program support. The Client Operations intern will function as the initial point of contact for clients for the Houston office. This internship is a hands-on position. The individual will be responsible for assisting across multiple program areas including administration, client services, and development. All candidates must be able to commit 15-20 hours per week with flexible scheduling available. This internship comes with a nominal 3-6 month stipend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting Client services with front desk coverage, answering calls and greeting Tahirih clients and guests
• Conduct eligibility screenings with service seekers and provide adequate referrals telephonically and in-person if needed
• Greet office visitors and clients
• Create and coordinate external vendor orders with supervision
• Assist Operations Associate with general office duties, including but not limited to, supply, facility, and maintenance requests and coordination.
• Ensure Client areas are tidy and up to date with materials.
• Data entry into Legal Server software and IT request system
• Assist Volunteer Coordinator with content for Houston’s Quarterly Volunteer Newsletter
• Assist Volunteer Coordinator with Spanish language telephonic volunteer screenings
• Ability to commit to 15-20 hours during the work week, M-F 9:30AM-5:30PM.
• Ability to learn Legal Server and OneNote software programs
• Proficiency in Microsoft software, such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent written, oral communication skills, and telephone etiquette.
• Bilingual in Spanish, written and oral
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with people from diverse backgrounds
• Detail-orientation with strong time -management skills
•Professional, emotionally mature and exercises sound judgment
•Warm and positive attitude
•Provide Clients and Service Seekers with consistency and compassion.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
•Ability to embrace the organization’s core values
•Experience working with trauma survivors
•Experience working with immigrant communities (desired but not required)
•Experience working with issues of domestic violence, human trafficking and international women’s rights (desired but not required)
To apply for this internship position, please email a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, 3 professional and/or academic references, and a short nonacademic writing sample to:
Please note: All interns must pass a background check and complete an in-depth training course.
The Tahirih Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Tahirih’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Job posted on 4th May 2018
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying to this position