- Editorial Intern (summer 2017), DC, USA
PPI is a nonprofit think tank that seeks to define and promote a new progressive politics for the 21st century. PPI was the main purveyor of policy innovations to Bill Clinton’s New Democrats — break-the-mold ideas that also migrated to Britain and other democratic countries around the world under the rubric of the “third way.” Today, PPI remains at the forefront of promoting a pragmatic and responsible progressivism with a focus on center-left issues in areas such as economic growth, education reform, and regulatory reform.
Editorial interns will:
• Assist in researching, fact-checking, and copyediting policy reports, op-eds, and blog posts for our website.
• Help us find prospective authors and leading thinkers on different policy areas by monitoring policy journals, political magazines, newspapers, and blogs.
• Perform some production duties, such as finding photos and art for our publications and posts, publishing edited blog posts in WordPress, laying out policy reports and memos in Adobe InDesign, and other related tasks.
• Correspond with authors and assist the managing editor in handling workflow.
• Assist with office and general administrative duties.
We are looking for interns with strong writing and editing skills, exceptional critical thinking, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet research. Familiarity with Macs, Photoshop, and InDesign is a huge plus.
The ideal candidate is a policy wonk and a political junkie, with experience working on the college newspaper or other publications.
This opportunity is unpaid.
Apply online here http://www.progressivepolicy.org/about/jobs
Visit us here http://www.progressivepolicy.org
Posted on 09 May 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position