- NACHC 2017 Internship--Fall 2017, DC, USA
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Please visit our internship webpage for additional information about our program including past intern projects, departmental descriptions, housing resources, program perks, and much more!
Organization Description - The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the leading national, non-profit organization advocating on behalf of America's health centers. Nationwide, health centers serve over 25 million patients at more than 9,800 sites located throughout all 50 states and U.S. territories. NACHC's mission is to promote the provision of high-quality, comprehensive health care that is accessible, coordinated, culturally and linguistically appropriate, and community directed for all underserved populations.
Internship Description – NACHC provides internship opportunities for students year-round. NACHC seeks up to 6 interns (unpaid, but available for academic credit) to provide support to NACHC departments in its Washington, DC office (Orange/Blue/Silver line-McPherson Square). Please visit our internship webpage for additional information about our program.
Qualifications – Interns must have excellent writing and analysis skills, and the ability to perform independently in a fast-paced environment. Previous knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word programs are also essential. Candidates must currently be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies or be a recent graduate.
Expectations – The fall term begins on September 11, 2017 and ends on December 8, 2017, however start and end dates are flexible. Academic credit is available upon successful completion of the internship program including a final presentation critically evaluating the overall intern experience.
Departmental Descriptions – Interns will be placed with and work on projects established by one the following departments within NACHC:
Washington, DC office (1400 Eye St NW; McPherson Square metro stop)
- State Affairs: assist with state-based policy analysis, monitor legislative and administrative actions affecting health centers, and research/develop issues briefs and other publications.
- Federal Affairs: prepare regular updates on key briefings and hearing notices, assist with congressional contact management, and assist with coalition support and resources development.
- Policy Research: assist with research, analysis and materials development on health centers, Medicaid, access to care issues, and health disparities; write and update research fact sheets and charts; develop relevant infographics. Seeking graduate level candidates.
- Regulatory Affairs: monitor, research, and analyze policies and regulations from agencies such as the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to determine the impact on health centers; prepare resources and responses to support technical assistance to health centers.
- Grassroots Advocacy: help develop resources to promote grassroots advocacy initiatives at health centers; support time-sensitive advocacy requests to the advocacy network; develop resources to support planning and events associated with National Health Center Week; collect and organize health center advocacy best practices through direct outreach to health center advocates.
How to apply - To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample (no more than 2 pages) by the applicable deadline. All materials must be uploaded or the application will not be considered. The deadline is as follows:
Fall 2017 Internship application deadline is June 30, 2017.
Apply online here https://nachc.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06aau
Visit us here http://www.nachc.com
Posted on 13 April 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position