- Senior Policy Analyst, Financial Regulations, DC, USA
Reports to: Director, Roe Institute
This is a senior level position responsible for formulating analysis and policy reforms on financial regulatory matters including Dodd-Frank, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and other banking and housing finance issues. The analyst is responsible for promoting and advancing free market analysis of alternatives to financial regulation. Incumbent will publish high-level research and represent Heritage in professional forums, including conferences, congressional hearings, public speaking and in the media.
- Fully engage in debates over financial policy
- Conduct advanced policy analysis and scholarly research.
- Research and write high quality papers, commentaries and web-based products.
- Speak at major public functions and testify before Congress.
- Organize events and meetings.
- Play an active role with media and the public policy community.
Ph.D. or advanced degree or the acquisition of equivalent level of technical and research skills
5 to 8 years of experience in the public policy field; strong body of policy publications or comparable record
Accomplished writer and influential public speaker; able to communicate policy positions in multiple media
Demonstrated influence on the outcome of public policy debates. High professional accomplishments and considerable experience; demonstrated ability to analyze and explain complex issues.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the Roe Institute’s goals and objectives
- Knowledge level: broad understanding of financial regulation and markets.
- Leadership skills: works well in a team and able to lead others.
- Excellent initiative and policy entrepreneurship.
- High level of professionalism.
- Must be able to work independently with general direction.
Posted on 08 August 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position