- Local Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager, USA
Location : Bellevue
Job # : 63393
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead! Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Puget Sound Energy’s Government Affairs and Public Policy Department is looking for a Local Government Affairs and Public Policy professional to join our team, based out of Bellevue. This position will manage a wide range of complex government affairs assignments in East King County, Snohomish County and parts of Eastern Washington with a particular focus on local PSE initiatives. The Manager is a seasoned public affairs professional who successfully builds relationships and coalitions with key government and civic officials, executes regional government affairs strategies, provides counsel to and leadership of public affairs matters related to major construction projects and of other corporate initiatives, and coordinates the local budget. Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy. At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Responsible for all local government affairs functions within assigned jurisdictions and manages consultants.
• Develops and manages relationships with key constituents, including but not limited to elected officials, campaigns, municipal agency staff, and civic leaders.
• Sets and manages regional governmental affairs strategies for PSE’s public policy interests.
• Coordinates with federal and state governmental affairs teams.
• Articulately develops and delivers, both verbally and in writing, and delivery of comments to legislative and regulatory agencies, presentations to key constituencies, etc.
• Represents PSE on relevant boards, commissions, and through other channels.
• Develops and manages budgets.
• Defines parameters, negotiates contracts, and manages consultant relationships, as assigned.
• Supports project management, by advocating with key constituency groups and leading community outreach efforts on major PSE projects.
• Supports PSE leadership and other functional groups, regarding policy and political issues that impact PSE programs and initiatives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, communications, political science, or related field; or equivalent
combination of education and/or applicable work experience may be considered.
• At least seven years’ experience in government, public policy and/or public affairs arena.
• Strategic agility, problem solving, process management, managerial courage, and excellent communication/writing skills (to
including public speaking).
• Advanced knowledge of governmental processes and public policy development.
• Ability to develop and maintain relations with government/community leaders, coalitions and special interest groups.
• Broad knowledge of gas and electric utility rates, business objectives, to include operations, customer service, finance, and corporate relations.
• Utility or related energy industry experience.
• Supervisory experience preferred,
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or
To Apply, click here.
Job posted on 3 August, 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position