- Special Assistant to the President, Research, DC, USA
The Special Assistant will work under the direction of the Council’s President and the President’s Chief of Staff. Qualified candidates will have related experience that demonstrate deep knowledge of international relations, and have required judgment, strong writing and editing skills, the ability to prioritize, and experience dealing with high profile individuals.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing research assistance on long term writing projects for the President and “CFR Campus,” the Council’s education initiative.
- Providing additional research to the President as requested on various foreign policy topics.
- Editing and/or proofreading written material, including articles/op-eds, speeches, Council publications, and summaries of research findings.
- Coordinating the President’s review of draft Council publications and related materials.
- Drafting memorandums of meetings with foreign officials.
- Assisting with the President’s high-level meetings and events (including on international travel), by preparing background materials, rapporteuring, and providing other logistical support.
- As part of the Executive Office staff, providing administrative support to the President and the Chief of Staff, including answering telephones, greeting guests, scheduling, and responding to requests for information.
- Master’s Degree in International Relations or a related field (or equivalent years of related experience), with high academic credentials and broad knowledge of current foreign policy issues preferred.
- Outstanding research skills
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Apply online here https://careers-cfr.icims.com/jobs/1077/special-assistant-to-the-president%2c-research/job?mobile=false&width=640&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=330&jun1offset=330
Visit us here https://www.cfr.org
Posted on 21 June 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position