- Program Coordinator, Global Policy, NY, USA
The United Nations Foundation is a public charity that advocates for the United Nations and connects people, ideas and resources to help the UN solve global problems. The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women's empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
The Program Coordinator, Global Policy is part of the UN Foundation’s New York Office team, supporting the Foundation’s Global Policy work on the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development, as well as UN strengthening and other policy issues.
- Provide logistical support and execute activities, roundtable lunches, meetings, and other events.
- Track and analyze UN meetings, major debates, briefings on a range of UN topics related to peace and security, UN reform, the Sustainable Development Goals, humanitarian and other issues to inform UNF’s work and update colleagues internally.
- Liaise with permanent missions to the UN, UN staff, key partners and think tanks, and others on internal and external meetings, activities, invitations, and events at the UN.
- Assist Executive Director, Global Policy and the rest of the team with scheduling, organizing and executing travel, and expense reports. Handle administrative tasks, as needed, and other logistics, budgets and contracts.
- Assist team with preparation of policy and background memos for senior staff as well as presentations, talking points and other written materials for meetings and events, as needed.
- Contribute to monthly updates for public dissemination for publication, as well as daily UN updates, and provide research and writing support as needed.
- Keep a calendar of global events.
- Assist with social media and communications activities.
- Responsible for the timely entry of partner contacts and activity information. Maintain comprehensive database of member state, UN and external contacts, invitation lists, and relationships of the policy team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in political science, international affairs, policy, journalism or related field and some related work.
- Exceptional organizational and logistics skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to liaise with high-level diplomats and other prominent partners. Demonstrated experience in this area an asset.
- Strong research, analytical and writing skills and desire and ability to quickly learn new ideas, digest policy issues and research, and translate that into policy guidance, written updates and briefings.
- Strong editing, interpersonal, and oral communications skills.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to develop, maintain and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of organizations and with a wide variety of functional expertise.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Salesforce preferred.
- Experience with EveryAction, Concur, Surveymonkey, and Tweetdeck a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in managing administrative tasks and/or events execution.
- Knowledge of the United Nations system, diplomacy and interest in International Development, International Affairs and/or the non-profit sector preferred.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Benefits & Compensation:
The United Nations Foundation offers an excellent range of benefits for full-time employees including: a choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP). dental insurance, vision discounts, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, long-term care insurance, health club discounts, commuter benefits, employee assistance program and Warby Parker discounts.
12 Paid holidays, 4 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days, 3 personal days and 8 weeks of parental leave (mother or father). Access to the UNFCU Credit Union, 150% match on our 403b retirement plan, Flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and discounted Zipcar membership.
Apply online here https://careers-unfoundation.icims.com/jobs/1495/program-coordinator%2c-global-policy/job
Visit us here http://www.unfoundation.org
Posted on 21 June 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position