- Research Associate, International Economics, NY, USA
CFR’s David Rockefeller Studies Program is one of the country’s largest foreign policy think tanks, with a widely respected and influential research staff. The Studies Program’s aim is to advance the discussion of American foreign policy and international affairs through its writing, publications, public outreach, and discussions.
The research associate will work in the Maurice R. Greenberg Center for Geoeconomic Studies (CGS), the part of the Studies department that focuses on the intersection of international economics and international relations. The research associate will support the work of the Director of International Economics.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Researching specific areas as requested by the fellow, including significant research for a book the fellow is writing
- Carrying out quantitative data analysis and summarizing research findings
- Preparing graphics for presentations
- Assisting with the management and copy-editing of a scholarly economics journal edited by the Fellow
- Coordinating events, including preparing invitations and travel arrangements, corresponding with speakers and presiders, and assembling background papers and materials for distribution
- Providing administrative support to the fellow, including handling correspondence, scheduling, and responding to requests for information
- Managing budgets
- Providing support across departmental lines and for other Fellows, upon request
- Assisting fellow with social media outreach, including publishing a blog, website, video, and/or using social media applications such as Twitter, Google+, etc., as needed.
- Degree in economics, or significant coursework in economics, with superior academic credentials
- Outstanding research, quantitative, and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint. Experience with Bloomberg data analysis helpful.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Apply online here https://careers-cfr.icims.com/jobs/1076/research-associate%2c-international-economics/job?mobile=false&width=640&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=330&jun1offset=330
Visit us here https://www.cfr.org
Posted on 21 June 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position