- Research Assistant – Migration, DC, USA
Bottom of Form
The Center for Global Development, an independent, non-partisan research organization in Washington, DC seeks a Research Assistant to support work on migration, forced displacement, and development. CGD has recently scaled up its work to develop and recommend innovative solutions and frameworks designed to assist refugees and migrants, as well as their countries of origin and destination. The Research Assistant’s role is to fulfill a broad array of research support functions; the ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding analytical, quantitative, writing, and communication skills. The position is well-suited for those who are considering doctoral studies; experience working on international development and migration/refugee issues is also desired.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of duties, including:
- Conducting statistical analyses and econometric modeling using Stata, Excel, and other software tools, and preparing tables and graphs to convey those results.
- Conducting literature and data searches for ongoing research projects. Potential areas of focus include the economics of migration, forced displacement, and international development.
- Providing other research, writing, and editing support for various reports, documents, and other research outputs.
- Organizing and attending meetings/conferences related to research priorities.
- Performing other duties as necessary in support of senior research staff.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, economics, or another related field.
- Econometrics and development economics training, including experience applying these concepts to original research products.
- Essential software skills: Stata for the descriptive and econometric analysis of cross-section and panel data. MS Excel to construct spreadsheet models and generate publication quality graphics. Other technical knowledge (LaTeX, R, GIS) is a plus.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills in English.
- One to two years of research experience in the international development/migration and refugee fields is preferred but not required.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort working independently and with little supervision.
- Proficiency in a foreign language, particularly Spanish, preferred but not required.
- Study or work experience in a developing country a plus.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalists may be subject to a pre-employment background screening.
Apply online here https://www.cgdev.org/jobs/research-assistant-migration
Visit us here https://www.cgdev.org
Posted on 16 June 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position