-Policy and Legislation Internship, Fall 2017, DC, USA
The Policy and Legislation (PAL) intern will work with the PAL department, which is comprised of environmental lobbyists and advocates, to protect our courtroom victories from efforts to undo them in Congress and defend and strengthen the same environmental laws Earthjustice enforces in the courtroom. The intern will learn how a non-profit environmental organization weighs in on environmental policy at the federal level and gain considerable insight into congressional procedures, the policy process, environmental nonprofit lobbying and advocacy strategizing, coalition building, and associated communications and outreach.
- Assist in various tasks, including online research and blog writing
- Attend Congressional hearings and coalition meetings
- Prepare and disseminate information to Congressional offices and PAL staff
- Make phone calls to Congressional offices
- Assist with outreach and preparation for events sponsored by PAL
- Draft and edit policy documents and fact sheets
- Opportunity for short and/or long-term research projects on a variety of issues, depending on the intern's interests
- Must be currently enrolled in a college/university program to apply; undergraduates in their Junior or Senior year are preferred
- Able to work 20 hours per week
- Must reside in the DC metro area or be willing to relocate for the duration of the internship
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of online research and MS Office programs
A stipend will be provided.
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online by the deadline. Emailed applications will not be accepted. No phone calls please.
Internship Duration: beginning of September through mid-December
Application Deadline: Rolling
Law students are encouraged to apply separately to our litigation department for law clerk positions
Apply online here http://earthjustice.org/about/jobs/35421/policy-and-legislation-internship-fall-2017
Visit us here http://earthjustice.org
Posted on 30 June 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position