- 2017 Fall Policy Internship, DC, USA
As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than one million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant woman, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that works to impose their ideological agenda on others.
On a part-time basis (between 15 and 25 hours per week), assist with policy research, opposition research, data collection, and other projects and tasks as assigned, as well as provide administrative support to the Policy Department.
Internships with NARAL Pro-Choice America are an excellent way to build your resume while gaining valuable experience with a premiere non-profit advocacy organization. NARAL Pro-Choice America will work with your school to secure academic credit where applicable.
- Assist in policy research and writing in support of the annual publication of Who Decides? The Status of Women’s Reproductive Rights in the United States and other NARAL policy products.
- Assist in policy research and writing.
- Monitor Congressional Record and House and Senate floors for relevant legislative activities.
- Provide administrative support to Policy Department: help maintain contact lists; help manage central files system and library; undertake policy research; perform other administrative tasks.
- Interns are encouraged to attend briefings and other policy events with NARAL Pro-Choice America staff.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Some college experience required.
- Professional and polished demeanor.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, NARAL Pro-Choice America’s mission and goals.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, take initiative, work well with others, and meet deadlines consistently in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to diversity and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.
Location: Washington, DC
This position is: Internship, College credit and/or hourly rate of $11.50/hr. Metro stipend provided.
Reports to: Policy Associate
Opportunities as workload and schedule permit:
- Attend briefings and other policy events with NARAL Pro-Choice America staff.
- Collaborate with other departments on projects as needed.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: Policy Fall Intern
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply online here https://www.prochoiceamerica.org/about/jobs/2017-fall-policy-internship
Visit us here https://www.prochoiceamerica.org or https://www.prochoiceamerica.org/about/jobs
Posted on 15 June 2017
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying for this position